"What To Wear" - Wardrobe Styling
We believe that the photo session should be all about you and your personal style. At Blank Slate, we like to keep portraits natural and simple, focusing on the person, not the clothes.
When choosing what to wear, coordinate a wardrobe with solid colors, staying clear of crazy, bold prints and patterns. Always keep in mind the weather, your location and the photo setting when choosing your fashion style. If you have hats, props or anything sentimental you would like to use in your photos, don’t forget to bring them along.
- For families, simply try to coordinate your clothes so that everyone blends well together and compliments each other, again choosing solid colors and minimal prints and patterns. Most importantly, we ask that everyone be prepared and dressed prior to the session. These are full-body type portraits so consider your outfits from head to toe.
- For newborns, no wardrobe at all ! The best photos are those naked and swaddled in a sweet, cozy blanket. Accenting your baby’s photos with colorful blankets, cocoons, cloths, hats, or hair accessories is just about all we will need, and Blank Slate has a ton to choose from. If you prefer a diaper, we recommend a stylish diaper cover, plain or ruffled. ETSY.com is fab for hats, accessories and wraps.
- For children and babies, solid colors with cute and colorful accessories are perfect. Hats, scarves, tutus, jackets, etc., but most of all think of comfort. We want to keep them as natural and comfortable as possible so that their cute personalities shine through, and definitely keep the weather in mind.
- For maternity, comfort is key. Flowing dresses, button-down shirts, tops, sweaters, comfy jeans, flowing fabric, etc., just as long as we are able to expose mommy’s belly easily and comfortably. This session should reflect and flatter your personal style and capture this special occasion for a lifetime.
- For high school seniors, whatever you want that will reflect the stylish and fun you! During your session, you will have enough time to change several times, so choose outfits that make a statement about you, your personality and your interests. I have a whole board dedicated to fashion and posing ideas, and styling and inspirational tips on my Pinterest page.
- For boudoir, choose 3 to 4 of your favorite lingerie items or simply something you are most comfortable wearing and that you feel the most beautiful inside-out, maybe even something special for his or her eyes only, and don’t forget the accessories. The option for personal styling, hair and makeup is available.
For more information on wardrobe choices, contact Carey Ann via [email protected]